Bonneville Environmental Foundation – Business for Water Stewardship DUE SOON!
Water Stewardship Projects
Request for Proposals
Sacramento River and American River Basins, California
The Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) is pleased to solicit proposals for water stewardship projects in California’s Sacramento River and American River basins that aim to have a long-term positive impact on freshwater ecosystems and/or water supply for communities and business.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) is part of BEF’s Business for Water Stewardship (BWS), a program that helps businesses support community driven projects that increase flows in rivers and streams, restore important fish and wildlife habitat, improve water quality, mitigate the impacts of flooding and a changing climate, and build resiliency for agricultural, industrial, and municipal water users.
BWS anticipates that funding for water stewardship projects in this geography will continue for multiple years. Consequently, this RFP offers applicants the opportunity to apply for funding to support near-term projects as well as provide summary information about future prospective projects. These are projects that are in development and expected to be implemented within the next 3-10 years. Project proponents are encouraged to provide this summary information even if they are not submitting a proposal for near-term funding under this RFP. BEF will be available to assist in the co-development of future projects.
Please share this RFP with any other potential project sponsors working to improve water resources within the RFP geography.
Proposal Submittal Instructions
· Proposals should be submitted using the following link: BEF RFP Sacramento River and American River Basins.
· The RFP will request a budget, please use the following link: Budget Template.
· We recommend that you review the RFP and develop responses in a separate document before submitting to the link above.
· If you have issues using the link above, please contact Anne Le (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will provide you with a template to complete with submission instructions.
· All materials are due no later than 5:00 pm PST, December 18, 2020.
· Contact Robert Warren (email@example.com) with any questions regarding this RFP.
· Business for Water Stewardship information and previously funded projects can be found at https://businessforwater.org/projects.
· Request for Proposal Issued: November 11, 2020
· Proposal Due Date: 5:00 p.m. PST, December 18, 2020
· Proposal Review and Selection: December 19 – February 12, 2021
· Project Announcement: February 2021
Funding Opportunity Details
Through this RFP, BWS will evaluate opportunities to make meaningful investments of up to $200,000 to support projects that will produce quantifiable water stewardship outcomes. BWS may consider larger investments for projects that promise exceptional water stewardship benefits.
For more information, click here.