HUD FY2022 Healthy Homes & Weatherization Cooperation Demonstration
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Description of Opportunity:
To fund Healthy Homes and Weatherization Cooperation Demonstration grants in up to 5 communities that provide housing interventions in lower-income households that are served by both HUD’s Healthy Homes Production (HHP) program and DOE’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) to determine whether coordination between the programs concerning the implementation of healthy homes remediation activities and energy conservation measures achieves cost-effectiveness and better outcomes in improving the safety and quality of homes.
The following are the major goals and objectives of this NOFO:
(1) Demonstrate effective strategies for coordination between HUD’s HHP and DOE’s WAP programs that maximize program efficiencies and benefits to occupants
(2) Reduce WAP deferrals through coordination with HHP programs.
(3) Demonstrate sustainable models of inter-program cooperation, including data sharing, reporting, and targeting/recruiting clients.
(4) Demonstrate effective models for the sustainable financing of coordinated healthy homes/weatherization interventions.
(5) Support the collection of data to evaluate the housing interventions conducted through inter-program coordination (e.g., program cost efficiencies that can be achieved, improvements in indoor environmental quality, improved health outcomes, and additional safety benefits to households).
Special district governments City or township governments, County governments, Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education, State governments, Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Additional Information on Eligibility:
Only current holders of an active DOE Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) grant, WAP subgrantee (not a contract or partnership) or a HUD Healthy Homes Production (HHP) grant (not an HHP subgrantee, contract, or partnership) is eligible to apply for this HHWCD grant program. If an entity holds both a WAP grant or WAP subgrant and an HHP grant (whether it is implementing the two grants from the same office or division or different offices or divisions), that entity may only submit a single application. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
Due Date Note:
The application deadline is on Jan 05, 2023 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard time.
Total Amount Available:
Expected Number of Awards:
Cost Share/Match Requirement:
Period of Performance (in months):
Brenda M. Reyes, MD, MPH Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org
URL Link to Website:
Grant Management Associates has years of experience with opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.