NYSERDA-Affordable Solar and Storage Predevelopment and Technical Assistance. Ongoing Deadline.
Affordable Solar and Storage Predevelopment and Technical Assistance
Affordable Solar Predevelopment and Technical Assistance will provide up to a total of $3,600,000 to address barriers to solar installations serving low-to-moderate income (LMI) households living in rental housing, multifamily buildings, or other households not served by traditional onsite residential solar. Individual awards will not exceed $200,000. Funding to proposals through this solicitation will offset costs for predevelopment and technical assistance work needed to implement solar installations for multifamily affordable housing and/or shared solar (Community Distributed Generation) installations that benefit LMI households.
Applications must be submitted by or include the documented participation of any of the following:
• Owners, providers, or managers of regulated multifamily affordable housing, community land trusts, land banks, or portfolios of single-family affordable housing;
• Local government agencies;
• Community Development Corporations (CDC), Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI), or other community organizations providing services to LMI households and/or demonstrating an LMI constituency; and
• Prior recipients of predevelopment grants seeking to replicate and expand upon the success from a prior completed predevelopment project.
Applications may be led by or include the participation of service providers, consultants, and/or solar or storage developers under the following circumstances:
• The affordable housing, community-based entity or local government agency applicant does not possess inhouse capacity to carry out the technical or specialized expertise required by the proposed activities; and
• Solar or storage installers or developers may be co-applicants or partners on the proposed project when providing technical assistance outside of standard business services for development of a solar and/or storage project.
Total Amount Available:
Grant Management Associates has years of experience with opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.