Due May 31, 2019
The COPS Office STOP School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP) is a competitive award program designed to provide funding to improve security at schools and on school grounds through evidence based school safety programs.
SVPP funding is available for the following purpose areas:
• Coordination with local law enforcement.
• Training for local law enforcement officers to prevent student violence against others and self.
• Placement and use of metal detectors, locks, lighting, and other deterrent measures.
• Acquisition and installation of technology for expedited notification of local law enforcement during an emergency.
• Any other measure that, in the determination of the COPS Office, may provide a significant improvement in security.
The COPS Office anticipates making 60 SVPP awards totaling $25 million, with funding requests capped at $500,000 per award. There is a two-year award period. Applicants are required to contribute a local cash match of at least 25 percent toward the total cost of the approved project during the award period.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to demonstrate a comprehensive approach to school safety. Consultation with law enforcement prior to preparing an application is recommended for this purpose.
Contact us for low cost grant writing assistance - email@example.com