Grant Name: California Local Government Waste Tire Enforcement (TEA) Grant Program
Administering Authority:California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
Award Details* Applicants with populations equal to or less than 900,000 are eligible to receive up to $300,000.
* Applicants with populations of 900,001 to 2,000,000 are eligible to receive up to $450,000.
* Applicants with populations of 2,000,001 or more are eligible to receive up to $600,000.
Total Funding Available: $6,500,000.00
Overview: The Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) administers a program to provide opportunities for the California Tire Recycling Management Fund to administer the Tire Recycling Act (Senate Bill 937, [Vuich, Statutes of 1990, Chapter 35]) and related legislation. This specific grant provides funding to city, county, and city and county agencies in California for waste tire enforcement activities.
Applicants must have within their jurisdictions 50 (for a county) or 100 (for a city) or more active waste tire businesses that have Tire Program Identification (TPID) numbers.
Eligible activities generally include, but are not limited to:
* Inspections of waste tire businesses.
* Field patrolling, enforcement and case development for waste tire-related activities, including investigating illegal tire disposal activities.
* Providing education to waste tire businesses.
* Eligible costs include personnel, materials, equipment, travel, per diem, and transportation costs to perform eligible activities and enforce waste tire permitting, storage and movement laws and regulations.