The Fund for Workforce Equity. Due 7/31/22. $1M Available.
The Fund for Workforce Equity
Workforce Matters is launching the Fund for Workforce Equity, a new pooled fund that aims to center workers of color in the design and implementation of workforce policies and programs. The impetus to launch this fund comes from Workforce Matters’ Racial Equity Framework for Workforce Development Funders, 1 which recommends that funders take steps to center workers and learners of color in developing, supporting, and evaluating workforce initiatives, including by:
• Using asset-based, race-explicit, and systemic frames and language to describe workers, learners, and job candidates of color that acknowledge systemic causes of disparity,
• Investing in centering worker power and agency as a part of workforce development, and
• Authentically including, respecting, valuing, and applying the perspectives of workers, learners, and job candidates of color in understanding, measuring, empowering, and deepening the impact of investments in workforce development. Since the framework was released in 2021, Workforce Matters has worked with our members to launch the Fund for Workforce Equity in order to devote resources to implementing this recommendation.
• Must provide workforce development programming or advocacy, including but not limited to:
o Education and training programs that help individuals acquire and retain good jobs
o Efforts that help workers to increase their income and/or advance their careers
o Internships, apprenticeships, and/or learn-and-earn experiences
o Career coaching/counseling
o Providing or coordinating work supports such as transportation or child care services
o Organizing or advocacy efforts related to any of the above
• Must have already invested in organizational racial equity training
• Must be U.S.-based
• For organizations that provide direct services to individuals: Must serve a majority of workers and/or learners of color
• Must be classified as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization or be fiscally sponsored by an organization that is classified as a 501(c)(3) organization or be a federally recognized or state-recognized tribal government
Total Amount Available:
July 31, 2022
Grant Management Associates has years of experience with opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.