CA Public Utilities Commission - Local Agency Technical Assistance. Ongoing Deadline. $50M Available
Local Agency Technical Assistance
Local Agency Technical Assistance grants provide reimbursement for Tribes and local agencies for pre-construction expenses that facilitate development of broadband network deployment projects to areas in need. Grants may be used to reimburse eligible costs such as environmental, feasibility, and engineering design studies or reports; needs assessments, market studies, broadband strategic plans, and business plans; forming a joint powers authority; and consultant and community-based organization services.
For the purpose of this program, local agency has the same meaning as that provided in Government Code section 53167 (e), as amended by SB 156, wherein “local agency” means any agency of local government authorized by law to provide broadband internet access service, including the following:
• A city
• A county, including a county service area
• A community services district
• A public utility district
• A municipal utility district
• A joint powers authority
• A local educational agency, as defined in section 47640 of the Education Code
• A sovereign tribal government
• An electrical cooperative, as defined in section 2776 of the Public Utilities Code
Total Amount Available:
Grant Management Associates has years of experience with opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.