ReConnect Loan and Grant Program
The ReConnect Loan and Grant Program furnishes loans and grants to provide funds for the costs of construction, improvement, or acquisition of facilities and equipment needed to provide broadband service in eligible rural areas. The application window is now closed. Follow one of the links below to learn more about the program.
To be eligible to receive ReConnect Program funds, a proposed project must meet the following criteria:
1. Lack Sufficient Access to Broadband: At least 90% of households in the proposed funded service area (PFSA) must lack sufficient access to broadband service, as defined in the latest Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA).
The FOA published on October 25, 2021 defines sufficient access to broadband as at least 100 megabits per second (Mbps) downstream and 20 Mbps upstream.
2. Serve All Premises in the PFSA: The proposed network must be capable of providing broadband service to every premises located in the PFSA at the time of application submission at the speed defined in the latest FOA.
The speed defined in the latest FOA is 100 Mbps symmetrical service to every premise in the proposed funded service area (PFSA). Please note that “capable of delivering 100 Mbps symmetrical service to every premises” means that all premises in the PFSA must be able to receive this service at the same time.
3. Be in a Rural Area: A rural area is any area that is not located in a city, town, or incorporated area that has a population of greater than 20,000 inhabitants or an urbanized area contiguous and adjacent to a city or town that has a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants.
Total Amount Available:
For 100% Loan - $200,000,000
For 100% Grant - $350,000,000
For a Grant/Loan Combo - $250,000,000
Presented by USDA Rural Development’s Rural Utilities Service, these webinars will provide information about the ReConnect Program and help prepare applicants ahead of the next Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA).
This webinar will include:
• What applicants can do now to prepare for the next FOA
• System Registration and Applicant Identification Requirements
• A high-level look at eligibility requirements
• Tips on the Application System
• An opportunity to ask questions about how to prepare
Slides, a transcript, and a recording of the webinar will be posted at the ReConnect website after the session.
We’ll address questions as time permits during each session; once the FOA is published, we’ll include an updated list of the most common questions on our frequently asked questions page on the ReConnect website.
Grant Management Associates has years of experience with opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.