FY 2023 Emergency Relief Grants for Public Transportation Systems - $212M Available - due 5/26
FY 2023 Emergency Relief Grants for Public Transportation Systems Affected by Major Declared Disasters in Calendar Years 2017, 2020, 2021, and 2022
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) announces the opportunity to apply for $212,301,048 in grants under the Public Transportation Emergency Relief Program (Emergency Relief Program) for states, territories, local government authorities, Indian tribes, and other FTA recipients affected by major declared disasters in calendar years 2017, 2020, 2021, and 2022. Projects may include costs for disaster response, recovery, and rebuilding activities. Costs related to the COVID-19 pandemic are not eligible for this funding. FTA will distribute these funds in a manner consistent with the eligibility requirements of this program, subject to the priorities set forth in the Notice of Availability of Emergency Relief Funding.
Project Priorities: Projects may include costs for disaster response, recovery, and rebuilding activities.
Costs related to the COVID–19 pandemic are not eligible for this funding.
Eligible projects include:
- Public transportation emergency operations
- Emergency protective measures
- Emergency repairs
- Permanent repairs
- For emergency service operations, service must be in addition to, or otherwise different than, regular service to be eligible.
Eligible applicants are public transportation agencies, States, territories, local governmental authorities, Indian tribes, and other FTA grant recipients that provide or fund public transportation service.
Total Amount Available: $212,300,000
Project Funding and Match Requirement:
- Pre-award authority allows recipients to incur certain project costs before grant approval and retain the eligibility of those costs for subsequent reimbursement after grant approval.
- The maximum Federal share for all grants awarded via this notice is 90% of the net project cost.
- There isn’t an award ceiling/floor.
Application Deadline: 5/26/23
Grant Management Associates has years of experience in helping applicants apply for opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.