IIJA Bureau of Land Management California Forest and Woodlands Resource Management. Due 4/15.
California Forest and Woodlands Resource Management
Funded projects under this program will focus on high priority work such effecting the program nationally crossing state boundaries, such as, activities that support maintaining or achieving land health and productivity, increasing carbon sequestration, and creating resilient landscapes to benefit current and future generations. These activities could include, but are not limited to, such things as:
• Facilitating the conservation and restoration of rangelands to combat climate change.
• Soils mapping and development of ecological site descriptions.
• Engagement of community members and other stakeholders, through mentoring, training, and educational programs. Proposals should support one or more of the strategic goals addressing how it effects the bureau
as a whole. Projects addressing a specific State boundary must apply under the State's specific Rangeland Resource Management NOFO. Program Strategic Goals:
• Gathering data to complete land health assessments.
• Increased efforts to coordinate shared objectives with wildlife, forestry, aquatic, and cultural and recreation programs, to effectively maintain or restore land health.
• Continue to work with permittees and other stakeholders on targeted grazing to decrease fuel loads and restore desirable perennial grasses and forbs.
• Support outcome based grazing with collaborative monitoring with stakeholders to increase flexibility and improve efficiencies.
State governments, County governments, City or township governments, Special district governments, Independent school districts, Public and State controlled institutions of higher education, Native American tribal governments, Public Housing authorities, Native American tribal organizations, Nonprofits, Private institutions of higher education.
Total Amount Available:
April 15, 2023
Grant Management Associates has years of experience with opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.