CA 2023 Coastal Stories RFP now Open - Deadline 3/31/23 - up to $1M Available
Updated: Feb 10
2023 Coastal Stories
The Conservancy’s Coastal Stories grant program will fund projects that develop and deliver installations and other products that represent the stories of BIPOC, immigrants, and other voices that historically have been excluded from California’s coast. By documenting and sharing these histories and stories, we aim to make outdoor spaces and interpretive centers feel welcoming and inclusive for all Californians.
The Coastal Stories grants build upon our existing Explore the Coast (ETC) program, funding projects that make the outdoors more welcoming to people and communities that face barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast. These communities may include but are not limited to BIPOC people, people with disabilities, immigrant communities, low-income communities, and other historically excluded communities.
These are the priorities of the Coastal Stories grant program:
· Promote a sense of belonging in outdoor spaces by presenting perspectives that include BIPOC and/or other historically excluded communities.
· Engage representatives of BIPOC and/or other historically excluded communities to develop and share their coastal perspectives and stories.
· Improve educational content in California’s outdoor spaces by correcting one-sided histories, retelling stories more appropriately and inclusively, and developing new content that shares untold stories.
· Use creative forms of community engagement.
· Create stories that are free and publicly accessible for the community and/or intended audiences.
Federally-recognized tribes, nonprofit organizations, and public agencies are eligible for funding. To be eligible, a nonprofit organization must qualify under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Other community-based organizations and tribes that are not federally recognized may apply with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
Total Amount Available: $1,000,000
Application Deadline: 3/31/23
Grant Management Associates has years of experience in helping applicants apply for opportunities like this one. Contact us today for a consultation.