Notice of Intent: DOE Community Geothermal Heating & Cooling Technical Assistance & Deployment.
Community Geothermal Heating & Cooling Technical Assistance & Deployment
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) intends to issue, on behalf of the Geothermal Technologies Office (GTO), a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) entitled "Community Geothermal Heating and Cooling Design and Deployment." The FOA is expected to support community-scale objectives in defined geographic areas. Such objectives include:
1) Deploying new or retrofitted geothermal, or geothermal-hybrid, district heating and cooling systems in districts, neighborhoods, and communities
2) Identifying solutions for environmental justice conditions, such as cumulative environmental pollution and other hazards; underserved and disadvantaged communities; and community members who have historically experienced vulnerability due to climate change impacts
3) Assisting communities to develop career and technical education and workforce transition initiatives to design, install, inspect, operate and maintain new energy systems such as geothermal heating and cooling
4) Developing case studies about projects, including technical and economic data, to illustrate how projects can be replicated by communities throughout the United States
5) Publishing data and information about geothermal district heating and cooling system deployment to demonstrate the success of such systems in a range of environments and geographies.
This notice of intent (NOI) is issued so that interested parties are aware of EERE’s intention to issue this FOA in the near term. All the information contained in this NOI is subject to change. EERE will not respond to questions concerning this NOI.
Once the FOA has been released, EERE will provide an avenue for potential applicants to submit questions.